The first few days of looking after your new tattoo is crucial for the healing process, and at the end of each appointment at Studio Hatch, your specific artist will walk you through the care instructions they recommend.
1. Keep your cling film/wrap on until the evening of your tattoo.
2. Once removed, clean the tattoo gently with warm water and a PH-neutral (non-perfume) soap.
3. Apply a thin layer of cocoa butter or tattoo aftercare balm to the tattoo and apply gently - do NOT scrub.
4. We usually advise after applying cream to rewrap the tattoo for the first night. This prevents it from sticking to bedsheets or leaking ink and blood throughout the night. We only recommend this for the first night as it's a fresh tattoo.
5. After the first night, clean your tattoo 2 times daily with warm water and a PH-neutral soap. We recommend applying cocoa butter/aftercare cream 2-3 times a day, or whenever your tattoo feels dry.
6. Usually a tattoo takes anywhere between 4-8 weeks to fully heal.
If you notice any issues with your tattoo, please contact your artist or the studio directly.